Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy November!

It's been a while since I have posted on this blog.  I wish I had a great excuse, but the truth is. . . I am still learning about this new world known as blogging!  I sometimes feel like Dorothy, when she realizes that she is not in Kansas anymore.  :)


I watch my son Kristopher as he pops in and out of programs on his computer, and I find myself smiling.  Kris is my darlin' youngest son (24).  He has Down syndrome.  I watch him on his computer and I sometimes flash back to the day that a pediatrician came to my hospital bedside and told me that my son had Down syndrome.  He told me not to expect anything from "this boy".  And he told me that there were places for "children like him". 


And you know, it's true. . . there ARE places for children like him.  Grocery stores,schools,  movie theaters, bowling alleys, parks and beaches. . . to name a few!!


So then, even though I feel like the answer to my blogging angst is somewhere at the end of the yellow brick road. . . with emotional support from my son Kris, I do believe I will get there.  :-)


I will post again SOON, as long as nobody drops a house on me.


Meantime . . . take care, and happy internetting!

No comments: