Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving Day.  My oldest son and his darlin' wife cooked this year, and it was just wonderful.  My hubby, my grand daughters and I played a game called Headbands, and we laughed . . . A LOT.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for that laughter.  I am thankful that I have family close by, and that I have a few friends that I can count on.  I am thankful that I have life's basics, like food and shelter.

I thank the disability community that has surrounded me with love and support for many years now, and I am hopeful that I have loved and supported another parent on my life's path.

And last, I am thankful that I actually seem to be learning this blog business. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to All!  :-)

1 comment:

girlyMama said...

Hi Ghee! Just stopped by CFLParents site and realized I had failed to follow your blog. Silly me. I have tried to catch up! I see Dec, Jan and Feb have flown by for you, as it has for my family and myself!

I would like to bring up a vulgar, four letter word that many parents despise. Even teachers and administrators are saying it now a days....FCAT!!?!

There...better now that I have slung it out here.
FCAT is nearly upon us and I feel as a community, maybe we could "blog" about it with you. May I suggest coping skills, routines or ways we can help our children, as well as ourselves survive as our first round table support?

I will start...
By the way, I'm looking deeper than good breakfast, good sleep, #2 pencils. The stuff that is super important.
One thing I like to do is meet with our school's ESE director to refresh, remind and ensure testing accommodations are being followed. I always also like to hear their plan of the actual testing days and know who will be her proctor. This way I can email or call them to see if I can do anything to help them or assist as they prepare for the big day!

I am eagerly awaiting hearing any other hints that we can share with one another!
Thanks Ghee...I can't wait for your wisdom on this one! You are the expert and am sure you have some goodies! Bye for now!